Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Reposting of my Plea

A Humble Plea To Obama Supporters:

Dear friends,

I am truly astonished by the ignorance Obama supporters have displayed in their quest to get someone - ANYONE - into the White House. Now, wait a minute. I can well understand your dislike or even hatred of our naive GWB, but he is not the root cause of all of our problems. Our Congress is. And a change there would be welcomed by all. You ain't gonna get it done with Obama. You gotta fire the whole damnable crooked Congress. (Read my book, "BERNIE'S WAR!").

Perhaps I'm looking at all of this from a different perspective than you because my life experiences have been so different from yours. I'm 80-years old and have traveled the world where I've seen a great deal. I spent five years on active duty as a fighter pilot in the USAF and another seven years flying with the Air National Guard in California and Texas as well as a few years flying in the USAF Reserve. I spent three years on active duty in Germany flying Czech border patrol with "cold guns" in aircraft inferior to the MIG during the Korean "Police Action" when it was thought that Korea was a diversion for a Soviet invasion of Western Europe.

I lived abroad for a total of 28 years. Three years in Germany, twenty years in Switzerland and five years in Great Britain where I was based doing "spook" work for the U.S. behind the Iron Curtain before it fell. During that era of the Cold War I ventured to Moscow, Prague, Warsaw, Bucharest, Peshawar, Pakistan and Bulgaria posing as a Swiss French-speaking arms dealer purchasing weapons we surreptitiously supplied to the Afghani Mujahadeen in their successful fight against the Soviets - all of which came back to haunt us.

I've been there and done that and have had close associations with top government people in Germany, the Netherlands and Great Britain. I've had more foreign affair experience than Obama could ever dream of and, yet, wouldn't have the temerity to deign myself "Presidential" material; although I feel eminently more qualified to judge who would NOT be best for our country. My long-time world experience should count for something in my plea to you to abandon this miscreant flake. You will only be doing yourself and our country an enormous disservice if you persist in your support of this flash-in-the-pan opportunist.

I've associated closely with European royalty and African politicians. I've traveled to the Far East to observe their cultures. My point is that Obama, although formally well educated and a brilliant “speaker”, is a neophyte when it comes to understanding the world and is uniquely unqualified for the job as President of these great United States. His knowledge of economics is nil and his tax proposals absurd and life-threatening to the U.S. not only in economic terms but in preserving our national security as well. I don't want a "citizen of the world" to be President, I want a citizen of the good old USA to be President. Screw the rest of the world as they have well and truly screwed us. The time has come for us to awaken and start looking after ourselves. Now THAT would be CHANGE if that's what you're looking for.

While McCain has abstained from playing "the race-card", Obama is playing it to the hilt. Obama is more Muslim than black yet he trades on his blackness.

The larger question I have about him is that we really don't know much about him other than what HE tells us, what we read on blogs and from some serious non-partisan investigators whose factual reports are, unfortunately, generally ignored and which receive precious little media exposure.

I, as a registered Independent, a military veteran and a patriot, beseech you to put aside party considerations and vote for the lesser of the two evils. Yes, I am NOT a McCain supporter, but he is, at least, not a flake, doesn't carry Muslim baggage and is a PROVEN hero and patriot WITH experience. It's not a party issue. It's all about electing the best we can trust with what we've got to work with. Mr. Obama is NOT that guy.

Please, please rethink your voting position.

Thanks for reading my innermost thoughts. I care about all of you, but I care more about our country. Please help me to do both.

William P. (Bill) Lear, Jr.
powell@cfl.rr.com
(386) 763-5051

5 comments:

Nina said...

What a wonderful article.I hope and pray that most Obama's supporters read this.Thankyou so much for sharing your insight and experiences with us all.I pray for this country and hope that the American people "wakeup" before its to late.This is the most frightening election I have ever experienced in my entire life.I am voting for McCain.He may not be the best for America for President but he certainly is a whole lot safer and alot more patriotic then Obama.Please if I may request this,submit this to Fox News 24/7.They are so much more far and balanced with there news reporting then the others.Personal testimonies are alot more effective from the regular person that experienced what you have been through then from some news article.God Bless You...Nina in Venice,Florida

Bill said...

Nina -

Many thanks for your note and posting!! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Bill

Anonymous said...

Bill, I love your blog. Thank you for your untiring effort to wake up voters.

I do want to ask you, though, whether it is factual to say that Obama is not black. I have looked into it and evidence shows he is almost 1/2 black and a small part Arab, and 1/2 white. I don't trust most media sources, however, so I'd like to know what your sources are.

We have enough information about Obama's radical friends and his own words and actions to make do with only the whole truth, so why go beyond what we can be certain of?

When I lived in Guatemala, my American friend who lived there most of her life told me her parents had to move the family back Stateside for a year or 18 months every 5 years or so in order to maintain U. S. citizenship. That is one thing I wonder about Obama. There may have been circumstances involved with my friend's father's citizenship I was not aware of, but her mom was a citizen. Do you know anything of this law? It may be archaic. Having lived abroad yourself, you may know about this.

I read the comment Obama made about standing with the Muslims if the winds began blow in a bad direction. I believe he was speaking of wanting to protect them from racial violence because of the 9/11 attacks perpetrated by their countrymen or fellow Muslims. I did think prohibiting racial/religious profiling was a little overboard, however. Who else are we going to look at when it is the radical Muslims who want to kill us?

Do you know anything about Khalid al-Mansour who was supposed to have helped Obama get into Harvard? I suspect Obama knew more about Bill Ayers and anti-American sentiments of Rev. Wright and other Chicago cronies than he lets on. Apparently Mr. Percy Sutton's family have shut him away from the media so we cannot get at any more information about these radicals in Obama's life very early on. And Khalid al-Mansour flat out refuses to answer questions because he says his words would be used against Obama. Why would they necessarily be used "against" him? Wouldn't he have anything to say that would make Americans happy to vote for BHO?

Keep up the good work, Mr. Lear.
C Burk tx

Anonymous said...

You are a sad, sad man, Mr. Lear. And you will be sadder come Wednesday morning, although probably none the wiser. Fortunately for our country as well as for humanity, the candidate you and your fellow racists despise will prove to be the better man.

Anonymous said...

I see you edited out that nonsense about Obama being only 1/6th Black. Someone sent me your stupid letter and the only thing I walking away learning from it is that you are clearly a senile old fool. I voted for Obama, I worked on his campaign and I'm glad racists like you had your voices drowned out by the chorus of Americans seeking change. GOD BLESS AMERICA!