Monday, October 20, 2008

GWB ONCE

"Mr. Lear: I read your article with interest. I am 82 years old and have
been a republican for the last 30 years - even voted for GWB ONCE. I will
never return to the party which has gotten us into the situation we are in -
mostly through ignorance, I think. I had a lot of respect for McCain until
he chose Palin for his running mate, and I still cannot understand why he
did that. Anything he hoped to accomplish with her could have been more
easily and rationally done by chosing one of the other women governors who
at least have a brain. I could buy anything you say and believe that you
are sincere, except for your comment that Obama is more muslim than black.
Obama may be a neophite in executive matters, but he has been around and in
the public eye long enough for anyone to see that he has no ulterion motives
in wanting to be president. Do you actually think that he would somehow
hand us over to the Taliban? Really? If you want the most reasonable
opinion about the two candidates that I have ever heard, listen to Colin
Powell. Thanks for listening."

In my - and other's - eyes, Colin powell has demeaned himself beyond
redemption.

If Obama is not a Muslim, why did he write in his own book, (paraphrased)
"If things turn ugly I'll have to take the Muslim position".

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the show?

Bill Lear,Jr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Lear,

Why would you "paraphrase" a quote from a book? Why not just quote the book? Shameful and transparent!

Bill said...

PICKY PICKY PICKY. SAYS THE SAME DAMN THING, DOESN'T IT? SWEET JESUS, IF THIS IS ALL YOU'VE GOT TO DO, YOU'VE GOT TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS!